CFP: Marx, Engels and the Critique of Academic Labor
Marx regarded his discovery of the dual character of labor in capitalism (i.e. concrete and abstract) as one of his most important achievements and “the pivot on which a clear comprehension of political economy turns.” With this in mind, we seek contributions that employ Marx’s and Engels’ critical categories of labor, value, the commodity, capital, etc. in reflexive ways which illuminate the role and character of academic labor today and how its existing form might be, according to Marx, abolished, transcended and overcome (aufheben).
- Fully referenced ABSTRACTS by 1st February 2015
- Authors notified by 1st March 2015
- Deadline for full contributions: 1st September 2015
- Authors notified of initial reviews by 1st November 2015
- Revised papers due: 10th January 2016
- Publication date: March 2016.